Why Is Doors, Windows, Siding, And Awnings Insurance Important?
General liability insurance for doors, windows, siding, and awnings contractors is without a doubt essential. When you are installing or repairing doors, windows, siding, or awnings in Canada, you and your employees are exposed to a number of risks. You always run the risk of damaging the customer’s property or harming the customer. This is exactly where doors, windows, siding, and awnings insurance comes in handy. Why is this insurance a necessity for contractors in Canada?
General Liability For Doors, Windows, Siding, And Awnings Protects Against Lawsuits
General liability insurance protects you and your employees in the event that you damage a customer’s home or cause them bodily harm. Well, the policy goes even further than that. There are some situations when paying for repair damages or medical expenses aren’t enough for the customer. Maybe they feel you owe them more and decide to file a lawsuit against you and your company. In Canada they have the legal right to do this and many of them will. Unfortunately, a long drawn out court case could be enough to cause most small contractors to close up shop. This would be especially true, if the jury or judge declares the contractor is liable.
Even if you win, you are still looking at thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and court costs. General Liability insurance for doors, windows, siding, and awnings will actually cover the court costs and lawyer fees. With the right amount of coverage, it will even cover the settlement if you lose the case.
What Can You Expect To Pay For Doors, Windows, Siding, and Awnings General Liability Insurance
At the end of the day, it can be hard to put an overall number on the cost of doors, windows, siding, and awnings general liability insurance. And, this is due to the fact that there are so many factors that can determine the overall cost. In Canada, most providers will determine the cost by weighing several different factors. These factors can include anything from your claim history to the territory you typically operate in. The amount of money that you make and the number of jobs you take on can also factor into the overall cost. Most average companies can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,300 for this coverage.
What Is The Appropriate Amount Of Coverage For Doors, Windows, Siding, and Awnings insurance?
The amount of coverage needed can also vary from company to company. Some companies are at a much higher risk than others. Companies with large numbers of employees will probably want to invest in a higher coverage amount, while smaller companies might be able to get away with less coverage. That being said, you always want to make sure that you are adequately covered or you could be looking at a volatile situation. Most average sized companies will be fine with a $2,000,000 policy.
Get Your Doors, Windows, Siding, And Awnings General Liability Insurance With Us
Let our Canadian insurance company provide your company with doors, windows, siding, and awnings insurance. We specialize in this type of policy and have the knowledge to help you build an insurance plan that will protect you, your company and your employees in every situation imaginable.
Frequently asked questions
- What Is Covered Under A Contractors Insurance Policy?
- Types Of Contractors That Need Contractors Insurance And The Reasons Why?
- How Much Does Contractors Insurance Cost?
- A Comprehensive Guide For Learning How To Apply For Contractors Insurance?
Other Types of Contractors We Commonly Insure
- Alterations or Repairs (Residential)
- Antenna & Satellite Installations (Residential)
- Carpentry – With Shop Operations/Away From Shop
- Chimney Cleaning (Residential)
- Decks & Fencing
- Doors, Windows, Siding, Awnings Installers
- Drywalling, Plastering & Lathing
- Electricians (No Industrial)
- Floor Covering & Ceiling Installations
- Glass (Glazier) Installation
- Heating Equipment & Combined Air Conditioning (Residential)
- HVAC Contractors
- Insulation (no asbestos/UFFI or EIFS)
- Installation Contractors
- Interior Decorator (Cosmetic)
- Lawn Sprinkler Installation
- Machinery, Agricultural
- Machinery, Industrial (Millwright)
- Masonry (Including Bricklaying, Stonework, etc.)
- Painting & Painters
- Renovation Contractors
- Road Construction
- Sheet Metal (Work Done Away From Shop)
- Sign Installation
- Solar Energy Contractors
- Tile Work
- Tree Removal, Trimming, Pruning
- Window Cleaning