Landscaping insurance also known as insurance for landscapers and general liability insurance for landscaping company is a coverage that financially protects contractors in the event they cause damages, bodily injury, or losses to their clients while providing their services. This coverage also extends to provide protection from third party lawsuits.
We recommend have coverage no less than $2,000,000 for all Canadian landscapers. Rates starting at $650 for the year.
Do Landscapers Really Need General Liability Insurance?
If there is one thing that you can say about Canadians it is that they take pride in their yards. They are always hiring professional landscapers to spruce up the backyard and make it more inviting. This is just one of the many things that is making the landscaping industry so lucrative. However, turning an outdoor environment into a more aesthetically pleasing place doesn’t just involve shrubs, mulch or pretty rock. It can sometimes require the use of heavy machinery like lawnmowers and chainsaws. One accident or wrong move and you just went from pretty to ugly. And, this is why it is important for landscapers to be covered with the right policies because when landscaping companies get sued, the lawsuits can range in the hundreds of thousands.
Why having Landscaping Insurance Is A Must
Landscapers really are exposed to tons of risk on every job site. You are not only at risk of damaging a customer’s property, but you are at risk of causing a customer bodily harm. You might be careful, but you cannot foresee every possible outcome. What if you run over a stick or rock that you didn’t see with a lawnmower and it breaks a customer’s window. Or worse, what if it hits the customer? This could potentially put out an eye and it would have been a complete accident. Who do you think is going to be liable for these medical expenses and damage expenses? That’s right, you are! If you are not protected under a general liability insurance policy for landscaping contractors, you will have to pay for these expenses out of pocket. Can you really afford that?
With landscaping liability insurance, you won’t have to worry about these kinds of situations because that it what the policy was specifically designed to do. It will cover the damages to the home and the medical expenses. It will also cover all of your employees in the same manner.
How Much does Landscaping Liability Insurance Cost?
Each landscaper can expect to pay a different amount for landscaping insurance and this is because he or she will have different requirements and risks. Most landscapers can expect to the pay ranges to be anywhere from $650 to $2200 a year. Landscapers should keep in mind that this is just a basic estimate and prices can vary depending on several different factors. These factors can include:
- Type of work that you are doing.
- The number of employees that you have.
- How long you’ve been in business.
- Even the amount of work that you are currently doing.
How Much Coverage Is Needed For Landscaping Insurance?
When dealing with landscaping insurance in Canada it is imperative to make sure that you are acquiring the right amount of coverage. Most contractors try to get off cheap by investing in a lower coverage limit, so that their monthly or yearly premiums will be lower. That is a major mistake. You never want to be left holding an expensive medical bill. This is why it is recommended to obtain at least $2 million dollars worth of coverage.
How To Get Landscaping Liability Insurance
Our insurance company can provide you with general liability landscaping insurance. We are just a quick call away. Our skilled agents can provide you with a more accurate quote or you can also pull a quote from our website.
Frequently asked questions
- What Is Covered Under A Contractors Insurance Policy?
- Types Of Contractors That Need Contractors Insurance And The Reasons Why?
- How Much Does Contractors Insurance Cost?
- A Comprehensive Guide For Learning How To Apply For Contractors Insurance?
Other Types of Contractors We Commonly Insure
- Alterations or Repairs (Residential)
- Antenna & Satellite Installations (Residential)
- Carpentry – With Shop Operations/Away From Shop
- Chimney Cleaning (Residential)
- Decks & Fencing
- Doors, Windows, Siding, Awnings Installers
- Drywalling, Plastering & Lathing
- Electricians (No Industrial)
- Floor Covering & Ceiling Installations
- Glass (Glazier) Installation
- Heating Equipment & Combined Air Conditioning (Residential)
- HVAC Contractors
- Insulation (no asbestos/UFFI or EIFS)
- Installation Contractors
- Interior Decorator (Cosmetic)
- Lawn Sprinkler Installation
- Machinery, Agricultural
- Machinery, Industrial (Millwright)
- Masonry (Including Bricklaying, Stonework, etc.)
- Painting & Painters
- Renovation Contractors
- Road Construction
- Sheet Metal (Work Done Away From Shop)
- Sign Installation
- Solar Energy Contractors
- Tile Work
- Tree Removal, Trimming, Pruning
- Window Cleaning